Beware of Low-Priced Carpet Cleaning!
Providing high quality professional rug cleaning & upholstery services in Santa Cruz and surrounding areas since 1947
Avoid Major Mistakes When Choosing The Carpet Cleaner
When selecting a professional carpet cleaning company you have three choices:
- Choose a carpet cleaner that has a low, too-good-to-be-true price. You’ll likely get the worst experience you ever imagined.
- Choose a “commodity” carpet cleaning company. This is typically a high-volume company that does a lot of mass media advertising. They may not be the lowest, but their prices are “competitive.” The problem is they don’t train their staff very well and they skip vital steps in the cleaning process; that ends up costing YOU in the long run.
- Choose a reputable, experienced, certified carpet cleaning firm like Santa Cruz Rug Carpet and Upholstery Cleaners. You will end up with a phenomenal cleaning job AND a pleasant service experience.
The typical scenario with the first two types is to “bait” you with a low price, then “switch” you to their “dual scrub” or “deep clean” system. They proceed to soak your carpet and leave a soapy residue behind. Good luck getting them back again!
Beware of low-priced carpet cleaning! If their price is truly low, you should be concerned about their quality. What are they leaving out? How can they pay their technicians a decent wage and have the best products and equipment at the lowest price? They can’t.
Some companies advertise a low price then charge you more when they get there. Be clear about what is included and what is not. These so-called “cleaning” companies also happen to be the ones that don’t educate themselves or their employees. The result is that carpets and fabrics are ruined every day by uneducated, uninformed, and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners. They are facing soiling conditions they have never seen or heard of due to a lack of education. Or worse, they create a problem on a carpet or fabric, and they have no idea how to fix it. One example is they leave sticky residues in the carpet that cause the carpet or fabric to re-soil rapidly or to discolor.
Top-notch education is readily available in our industry. There is no excuse for cleaners not to educate themselves (and provide useful education to their clients). Part of the problem is that they have fallen into the trap of viewing cleaning as a commodity, and they can’t afford to educate themselves. Education is expensive, but ignorance can result in disaster—on YOUR carpet! Our company invests a great deal in education. Not only do we spend thousands of dollars per year on education, we are heavily involved in our industry, which makes us well-connected with our industry leaders. This way, if a unique situation arises in the field, we have experts we can call on, thereby bringing the cutting edge of cleaning technology to you.
Get Help from a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company!
Call us at 831-423-5235 to schedule your upholstery cleaning appointment today.
- Master Area Rug Cleaner
- Master Textile Cleaner
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning
- Leather Cleaning
- Stone, Masonry & Ceramic Tile Cleaning
The IICRC is the certifying body for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industry.
This certifying body sets the standards in our industry on how to clean, maintain and care for your furnishings. Never consider using a firm that is not certified by this governing organization.